Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Are we the cause of global warming?

Even if we are not the cause of global warming, does it matter?

We are still dumping poisons into the air we breathe and the water we drink. I wonder why cancer is on the rise.

We are dependent on the Middle East for our fuel. I wonder why we are at war.

We are depleting the finite resources. I wonder when we will find renewable alternatives.

The planets temperature is rising and the attitude that we are not responsible is plain foolish. Even if we are not the cause, we are not helping the situation.
I think it is equivalent to saying it is OK to beat a man with a bat because he is dying of cancer anyways.


Since when did political ideology replace common sense and stewardship?

As we move into the age of preventive medicine we need to move into the age of preventative ecology.

What do you expect though from a country that was founded on the idea of manifest destiny and the christian ideal that the earth was created for us to exploit?
I for one believe the Earth is alive, and we are just manifestations of its living energy.

As always, good luck America!

My country used to be....